I know we have been very negligent on the blog lately. I guess that is what happens when full-time jobs take over and the spare time runs out. Between Gordy & I, we are both in the midst of our busiest time of the year. It’s less than 1 week before the election for Gordy and I am in the middle of our fundraising campaign for United Way.
With our apologies out of the way for not keeping everyone in the loop, here is a quick TOP 10 of the month:
1) Will completed his first set of swim lessons with the Urbana Park District
2) Will is really starting to walk – hoping this crawling stage is going to be behind us soon
3) Will has seen many friends & family with several trips to Troy & St. Louis (new fall pictures soon!)
4) Will is drinking more milk than formula and using sippy cups to wean off the bottles
5) Will is going to transition to the toddler room at school next month – which brings a large list of homework for mom & dad (get rid of bottles, reduce naps from 2 to 1, milk, sitting in his own chair to eat, napping in a cot)
6) Will is going down for bed at night and sleeping through the night after completing a wonderful bedtime routine of eating ice cream with dad, reading a few books (Dr. Seuss), and laying him in his crib awake
7) Will is really behind in getting his birthday thank yous in the mail (oops, I can’t believe we slipped this one in)
8) Will had a great check-up with Dr. Bradley Becker yesterday in St. Louis with the Allergy/Immunology team. We are so thankful they are still tending to his allergy issues – we feel so grateful that they are watching over our son’s health care needs.
9) Will is getting his first wooden swing set. That was my birthday gift from my wonderful husband!
10) Will is getting ready for his first real Halloween Night (I don’t count last year’s trip out in his infant carrier when he was just 1 month old; what was I thinking…) – school parade, trick-or-treating, and hopefully a relaxing night with Mom & Dad!